Types of Misrepresentation and Fraud
In the recent past, instances have been brought to our attention of the following kinds of misrepresentation and fraud:
Persons claiming to be distributors / licensees of Metal Power
Such persons claim to be distributors or licensees and selling Metal Power spectrometers – but with other brand names / covers. Do note that Metal Power offers direct sales and services in multiple markets while working through authorized and exclusive partners in others. In India, particularly, Metal Power has no distributors or agents. Further, in no market of the world does Metal Power operate through any licensees.
We have encountered cases of the following:
- Persons claiming to be selling Metal Power instruments with different brand names
- Persons claiming to sell duplicate instruments with Metal Power’s software
- Persons claiming to be authorized / licensed by Metal Power to represent the firm and close orders on our behalf
- Persons claiming to be authorized/ licensed by Metal Power to represent the firm and offer service / AMCs / spares on our behalf
We would like to clarify that:
- Metal Power does not, never has, and never will offer products under any other brand name other than our own (all products as listed on our website)
- Metal Power does not authorize anyone other than direct employees or authorized and exclusive overseas distributors / partners to represent the firm in any matter for sales or service
- We are undertaken legal action against persons and entities known to have misrepresented themselves as Metal Power and / or having offered duplicate / stolen goods to customers.
Should you as a prospective buyer require any clarifications or reassurance about any person/firm approaching you, we urge you to write to us or call us directly for confirmation. We can be reached at:
Ph: +91 22 4083 0500
We also urge you to go through the list of known persons and entities that are not affiliated in any shape or form with Metal Power.
List of Entities / Persons NOT affiliated with Metal Power
The following persons and entities are not in any shape of form affiliated with Metal Power. The list also contains some persons and entities against whom Metal Power is pursuing legal action for IP theft, fraud and misrepresentation. The list is not exhaustive – and should you have any concerns, please do raise them to us immediately.
Entities not affiliated with Metal Power:
- V-Analytik Systems (VAS)
- Spectra Analytical
- M.E. Technology Services
- M-Tek Power Analytical Services
- Metalsoft Technologies Pvt. Ltd.
- JR Analytical
- Alkan Analytical Systems
- Asphire System
Persons not affiliated with Metal Power:
- Sudeep Mukherjee
Metal Power has also won a court verdict against this person on multiple counts including spreading of false information regarding Metal Power.
- Shankar Kedaria
- Rajan Mayekar
- Hoshiyar Singh Kardam
- Akshay Kumar Jha
- J Kannan
- M Sudhakar
- Devendra Yadav
- Rahul Dwivedi
- AK Mishra
- Debasish Mukherjee
- Alok Sinha
- Amit Paul
- Shiv Shankar Mandal
Steps to protect from fraud
In case you suspect misrepresentation or fraud, please undertake the following steps:
- Demand official company ID from the person in question – all Metal Power personnel carry official IDs bearing the firm’s logo and details.
- Cross-check with Metal Power directly if in any doubt:
Ph: +91 22 4083 0500